What is Insulation, and Why is it Important for your Home or Commercial Building?
Insulation is critical to any building, as it helps regulate the temperature and keep the building comfortable. Insulation also helps to protect against weathering, pests, and the like and can improve the energy efficiency of the building.
Our services are specifically designed to properly save as much as we can on your utility bill! Here at Spartan Air, we take pride in being the best when it comes to Palm Beach insulation services. In reality, only a few people consider how important insulation is to the comfort of their families, clients, or employees. Consider for a moment that, instead of air, dollar bills floated out of your home or business all day through cracks and poor insulation. When you look at the problem in terms of money, resources, and the environment, it becomes easier to prioritize the potential impact of substandard insulation.
Heating and cooling your home in beautiful South Florida takes a lot of energy and resources — more than half of the energy used in most homes. Why throw away any more of your hard-earned money? As South Florida’s newest insulation service provider, we look forward to becoming the go-to company in the area. From installation to repair and removal, you can count on our team of insulation service experts to protect your home’s comfort.
Types of Insulation We Offer
Many different types of insulation are available on the market today, each with its advantages and disadvantages. They can be made from one of the following materials: fiberglass, cellulose, spray foam, rigid foam, rock wool, and even recycled newspapers.
Fiberglass is a popular type of insulation because of its high R-value, demonstrating its ability to resist heat flow.
It is thermally efficient and made of tiny glass fibers. For many years, batt and blown-in (loose-fill) insulation have been used a lot. Although it’s commonly used in attics, fiberglass can also be used to insulate walls and crawl spaces.
However, because fiberglass is irritable to the skin and a good conductor of electricity, it is not the best choice for areas prone to electrical shorts.
Fiberglass insulation helps:
- Make your house or building more comfortable all year round
- Boost the effectiveness of your HVAC systems
- Contribute to a healthier environment
- Reduce your utility bills and improve your home or building’s energy efficiency
- Minimize noises inside and outside your home or building between rooms and levels.
Spartan Air is beyond proud to be your fiberglass insulation installer at existing homes, new construction homes, and commercial projects in West Palm Beach and the surrounding areas.
We can help you install fiberglass insulation in your attic, crawl space, wall, or entire house. Give us a call today!
Cellulose insulation is an excellent alternative to fiberglass. It’s sprayed or blown into walls, conforming to cavities to build a tight thermal barrier that delivers improved comfort and aids in energy cost savings.
The application technique of blowing into wall cavities and enclosed spaces requires drilling 2-inch-diameter access holes into the cavities so that a small application nozzle may be introduced to inject the insulation. Since cavity-fill applications often require higher air pressure and a denser application, this technique is also known as dense-pack cellulose.
Some of the benefits of cellulose insulation include the following:
- Meets or surpasses fire-resistance testing
- Cellulose may be put over existing insulation in most applications
- Reduces heating and cooling costs by up to 32%
- Quiets a home better than fiberglass by minimizing air infiltration through gaps in the wall
So what are you waiting for? Start saving energy with our high-performance cellulose insulation now. Get in touch with us to request an inspection and free insulation estimate today!
Wherever you are in Palm Beach, spray foam insulation will make your home significantly more comfortable while helping decrease energy loss. Otherwise known as spray polyurethane foam (SPF), this type of insulation will assist you in saving energy and lowering utility expenses by forming a tight seal and inhibiting air movement.
According to US Department of Energy (DOE) studies, air infiltration accounts for 40% of your home’s energy loss. This air enters your house as drafts through walls, sockets, windows, and doorways. What spray foam insulation does is it expands and thoroughly fills every tiny crack and hole, resulting in a superior air seal and a powerful R-Value per inch of spray foam that gets installed.
Spray foam provides several benefits, including:
- Reduced outside noise, allowing you to rest better at night
- Prevention of air leaks, resulting in cleaner air
- Lower monthly energy costs
- Controlled movement of air and humidity, which is made possible by sealing your home with high-quality SPF
- Reduced energy waste, specifically carbon footprint, allows you to help the environment for a brighter tomorrow.
Ready to book your free spray foam insulation evaluation? Get in touch with us today!
While spray foam insulation is among the most commonly used and installed materials, rigid foam insulation is also available. Rigid board insulation is available as a cuttable foam panel. The most common sizes are 2×8 feet and 4×8 feet. However, the thickness and width of the panels vary.
Rigid foam insulation is primarily utilized in new construction projects and is an excellent choice for insulating homes and buildings and increasing energy efficiency.
Rigid foam insulation comes in three different types:
- Polyisocyanurate (polyiso) rigid foam insulation often has a reflective foil facing on both sides. This makes it excellent for your attic, as the foil aids your home in reflecting, rather than absorbing, the sun’s energy.
- Extruded polystyrene (XPS) rigid board panels are exceptionally robust and have smooth, plastic surfaces.
- Expanded polystyrene (EPS) rigid board insulation is suitable for both new construction and re-insulation projects.
Rigid foam is effective in helping you with the following:
- Reducing your energy bills and improving your home or office building’s energy efficiency
- Increasing the efficiency of your air conditioner and furnace
- Contributing to a healthier environment
- Making your house or office more comfortable all year round
- Reducing noises from the outside and inside of your home or building between different levels and rooms
If you’re after a foam insulation company in Palm Beach, FL, and surrounding areas, our team at Spartan Air is more than happy to help. We work hand-in-hand with builders and contractors to install rigid foam or rigid board insulation in new homes and commercial establishments.
How to Find the Best Company to Install Insulation in your Palm Beach Home or Office Building
Choosing the right company to install insulation in your Palm Beach home or office building is an important decision to make. But with so many companies to choose from, how do you know who to trust? Here are a few tips to help you find the best company for the job:
1. Insulation is more than just a one-size-fits-all proposition. The type of insulation you need will depend on the Palm Beach climate and your property’s specific needs. Make sure that the company you choose has experience installing the type of insulation you need.
2. Insulation installation is not a do-it-yourself project. It requires special training and equipment. Make sure that the company you select is properly licensed and insured.
3. Get multiple quotes before making a decision. Insulation companies offer a variety of price points, so it’s important to get several estimates before selecting a provider.
4. Read online reviews. With so much information available at our fingertips, it’s easy to find out what other customers have to say about a particular company. Search for customer reviews of insulation companies in Palm Beach before making your final selection.
By following these simple tips, you can be confident that you’re choosing the best company to install insulation in your Palm Beach home or office building.